Eastern Lebanon County School District
Position Title: Skilled Maintenance - HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical
The Eastern Lebanon County School District is now accepting applications for the position of Skilled Maintenance, HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical. This is a 12-month position, 5 – 8 hour days (6:30 am-3 pm) with a summer schedule of 4 - 10 hour days (6 am-4 pm). The successful candidate will have at least 5 years commercial experience in air conditioning, refrigeration, heating, plumbing, and electrical. Duties of the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to: maintaining all district HVAC, plumbing, and electrical equipment; perform all work assigned within your trade area in compliance with all regulations and codes; perform all work orders and preventative maintenance tasks as assigned by the Assistant Director of Buildings and Grounds and the Director of Buildings and Grounds; assist other maintenance personnel with work outside of individual trade skills, when necessary; work in conjunction with outside contractors to minimize costs and protect district interests; fill in for District custodians as needed; maintain maintenance garage and shop in a clean and orderly manner; assisting with grounds maintenance and snow removal and clean-up; must be willing to attend training programs as deemed necessary by the District to accomplish job duties; and must be willing to obtain drinking water license. The candidate is responsible for participating in the on-call rotation, carrying a district issued cell phone, when on call, and respond to emergency calls. Reporting to work regularly and on time is essential to this position.
- EPA Certification, Universal refrigerant recovery certified.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- PA Driver’s license and ability to operate District vehicles and equipment
- Current Act 34, 151 and 114
- Computer proficient, and ability to use computerized work order system
- Experience with building management systems
- Knowledgeable in Mechanical Trades
- Knowledge of District policies and applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations related to HVAC systems
- Excellent people skills and ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolding, and power lifts
- Ability to use personal protection equipment
- Ability to carry equipment, supplies, or tools up to 100 pounds
- Ability to work as a team member, with minimal supervision
Interested applicants should forward a letter of interest, application, resume, and letters of recommendation to: Mrs. Gloria Hill, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent/HR Coordinator, Eastern Lebanon County School District, 180 ELCO Drive, Myerstown, PA 17067 or email email@example.com.
All required clearances must be compliant with the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s mandated criteria for hire.
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until the appropriate candidate is identified.