School Health Services
The ELCO School District has a nurse in each school building to deliver school health services. Along with caring for student and staff illnesses and emergencies, school nurses also:
- maintain health and immunization records for all students
- perform state-mandated health screenings
- administer doctor-prescribed medications
- perform nursing procedures
- assist physicians and dentists with school examinations
- provide health counseling and referrals
- provide classroom instruction on health-related topics
- serve as a parent and classroom consultant in health-related matters.
To the left you will find resources for parents including frequently utilized forms, information about immunizations, and fact sheets on various topics such as influenza, head lice, and chicken pox.
If you have questions about school health requirements or to speak to a nurse concerning your child, please contact your child’s building.
* Illnesses or accidents that happen outside the school day should be referred to your family doctor or treated at an emergency room or urgent care facility.