A planned program of guidance counseling is an integral part of the educational program of the schools. Such a program can:
- Assist students in achieving their optimum growth.
- Enable students to draw the greatest benefit from the offerings of the instructional program of the schools.
- Aid students in identifying options and making choices in vocational and academic educational planning.
- Help integrate all the student’s experiences so that s/he can better relate school activity to life outside the school.
- Help students learn to make their own decisions and to solve problems independently.