Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer in our schools. Volunteers are a valuable resource in the ELCO School District and we are grateful for all that they do to serve our schools and students. We welcome community and family members to volunteer in our buildings.
We have several policies and guidelines that have been established for all of our volunteers. These guidelines have been created to provide information to the volunteer about how they can support our students and help to keep our students safe. Please read all of the information on this page and the ELCO Volunteer Handbook to be sure you are familiar with the requirements. If at any time you need clarification, please reach out to the principal’s office for more information.
VOLUNTEER CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
All volunteers are required to submit clearances with their initial Volunteer Application. More information about the requirements can be found in the ELCO Volunteer Handbook. Requirements include:
- Act 34 – PA Criminal History Background Check
- Act 151 – PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Federal Criminal History Fingerprint Check (only for individuals who have not resided in the Commonwealth of PA for a period of 10 consecutive years before application)
- Volunteer Disclosure Statement Form (only for individuals who have resided in the Commonwealth of PA for a period of 10 consecutive years before application)
All clearances are valid for a period of 60 months (5 years). Current volunteers who require renewal of clearances must submit a new volunteer application.
In addition, after September 1, 2019, all new and renewing volunteers must,
- Be approved by the Board of Education of the ELCO School District
- Complete three hours of online training on Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse*.
*If you require assistance with accessing or completing the online training, please contact the principal’s office.