Aevidum: I've Got Your Back
Aevidum’s goal is to create a positive mental health environment, a culture of “I've Got Your Back” in schools and communities across the nation by forming Aevidum chapters and by empowering youth. The Aevidum message is delivered creatively through a series of student-generated materials, interactive displays, high-energy assemblies, community events, music, artwork, stories, and PSAs, etc.
Aevidum, which started in 2004 after a student died by suicide at Cocalico High School, has spread to schools across the country. At the core of Aevidum is an educational philosophy that empowers students to take responsibility and making a difference. Aevidum students are encouraged to use their gifts and talents to succeed and to recognize the gifts and talents of their peers.
The ELCO club was started in the Spring of 2013 and currently the club has approximately 35 students that meet during the club block and enrichment. Here is just a small examples of what Aevidum does for our school:
* Participation in Suicide Prevention Week in September.
* Participation in Bullying Prevention Month in November
* Winter Dance in December.
* Monthly Aevidum Campaigns that are set by the Aevidum Program.
* Rose sale in February to benefit the American Cancer Society.
* Positive post-its, posters and other forms of kindess throughout the school year.
*Participation in Mental Health Awareness Month in November.
* Partnering with our HS Aevidum and the IS Little Aevidum Clubs throughout the school year.
National Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255. Call to connect with a trained counselor 24/7.