Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Enrollment Office?
Student enrollments are processed at the ELCO District Office, located at the front of the ELCO High School, 180 ELCO Drive, Myerstown, PA 17067.
What are the grades/hours for each building?
- High School (Grades 9-12) 7:40AM-2:24PM
- Middle School (Grades 6-8) 7:45AM-2:40PM
- Intermediate (Grades 3-5) 8:45AM-3:15PM
- Elementary (Grades K-2) 9:00AM-3:30PM
- AM Kindergarten 9:00AM-11:45AM
- PM Kindergarten 12:45PM-3:30PM
What are the age requirements for entering Kindergarten?
Your child must have obtained the age of five (5) years on or before September 1st to enter Kindergarten.
Does ELCO offer a full day Kindergarten program?
The district operates an extended day Kindergarten program called ELCO Ready. Students are eligible in ELCO Ready based on several factors including Kindergarten screening data, Summer Pre-K Academy (SPA) data, and student need. Families are made aware of their child’s eligibility for ELCO Ready over the summer.
How are AM and PM Kindergarten placements decided?
Decisions are made based on transportation efficiencies, class sizes and other factors to ensure a balanced learning environment. Families are notified over the summer with their child’s AM or PM assignment.
Does the district provide midday busing for kindergarten students?
Yes, the district does offer midday busing
My incoming kindergarten student has a physical and/or dental appointment scheduled over the summer. Should I wait to submit registration paperwork?
NO, physical & dental forms can be turned in later, but it is important that all other requirements, including immunizations, be completed prior to kindergarten screenings which take place in May of each year.
- Physical & dental forms can be turned in at your child’s building any time prior to the start of school.
When will kindergarten screenings be scheduled?
- A screening date/time will be scheduled once registration paperwork has been completed (with the exception of physical and dental forms).