- ELCO Food Service is committed to providing wholesome, high quality menues, prepared fresh daily from locally sourced ingredients whenever available and in season.
- A well-balanced lunch is served daily in each of the district's five schools. As mandated by the National School Lunch Program, each lunch offered includes five components: a protein meat or meat alternative, a grain, a vegetable, a fruit, and eight ounces of fat free or low-fat milk. There is a choice of entrees that are available each day, including both hot and cold selections. There are also three vegetable choices, a variety of fresh fruits and fruit juices to choose from, a "dessert" item, and a variety of cold milks. While at least five components are offered each day, your child may choose as little as three foods to complete a meal.
- A meal must have 1/2 cup of fruit or vegetable to be a countable meal.
- We emphasize wholesome, natural ingredients, whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetable, lean proteins and healthy snacks.
- We offer a variety of allergen-free foods to accon=modate students with allergies.
- Our menus comply with the new Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act and state and local wellness guidelines.
If your child has food allergies or other special dietary needs, substitutions may be made, but only when supported by a signed statement by a recognized medical authority.